White’s Pediatrics knows that when your child is sick, you want him/her to be seen or you want to consult a doctor or nurse before bringing your child into the office. Our practice makes every effort to see all sick patients the same day we are called or first thing in the morning if symptoms present themselves during the evening.
Our providers offer care for all typical childhood illnesses including: colds, coughs, strep throat, ear infections, stomach viruses, skin rashes and the flu. We also treat minor injuries including cuts and scrapes.
You should also contact our office for a sick visit if your child meets any of the criteria below:
- Fever of 100.4°F or higher for children under 3 months old
- Fever of 103.0°F or higher for children over 6 months old
- Fever that ranges between 104.0°F and 105.0°F for a child of any age
- Fever and compromised immunity
- Fever in conjunction with severe pain
- Fever that lasts more than three (3) consecutive days with or without an obvious source of infection (such as cold symptoms)
- Fever accompanied by pain when urinating
- Fever accompanied by a headache, stiff neck, or red spots or purple-colored patches on the skin
- Persistent fever or lethargy after taking fever-reducing medication
- Obvious breathing difficulties
- Lethargic, has a rash, refuses to eat, or is having trouble breathing
- Febrile (or feverish) seizure
- Fever following a trip overseas
- Combined fever and sore throat that lasts more than 24 to 48 hours
- Symptoms of dehydration such as dry mouth, fewer wet diapers or decreased frequency of urination
To schedule a sick visit at one of our three convenient locations, please contact our office during normal business hours at (706) 876-2130.
If you would like to consultant a nurse before scheduling a sick visit, we offer a dedicated phone line that is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by calling (706) 876-2132.
If you feel that your child’s problem is potentially life-threatening, you should call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.